- Add functionality to reconnect to the Tor control port while OnionBalance is
running. Thank you to Ceysun Sucu for the patch. #45
- Fix bug where instance descriptors were not updated correctly when an
instance address was listed under multiple master service. #49
- Improve performance by only requesting each unique instance descriptor
once per round, rather once for each time it was listed in the config
- Fix bug where an exception was raised when the status socket location did
- Improve the installation documentation for Debian and Fedora/EPEL
- Remove unicode tags from the yaml files generated by onionbalance-config.
- Fix bug resulting in invalid instance onion addresses when attempting to
remove the ”.onion” TLD. #44
- Log error when OnionBalance does not have permission to read a private key. #34
- Fix bug loading descriptors when an address with .onion extension is listed
in the configuration file. #37
- Add support for connecting to the Tor control port over a unix domain socket. #3
- Use setproctitle to set a cleaner process title
- Replace the python-schedule dependency with a custom scheduler.
- Add a Unix domain socket which outputs the status of the OnionBalance
service when a client connects. By default this socket is created at
/var/run/onionbalance/control. Thank you to Federico Ceratto for the
original socket implementation.
- Add support for handling the SIGINT and SIGTERM signals. Thank you to
Federico Ceratto for this feature.
- Upgrade tests to use the stable Tor 0.2.7.x release.
- Fix bug when validating the modulus length of a provided RSA private key.
- Upload distinct service descriptors to each hidden service directory by
default. The distinct descriptors allows up to 60 introduction points or
backend instances to be reachable by external clients. Thank you to Ceysun
Sucu for describing this technique in his Masters thesis.
- Add INITIAL_DELAY option to wait longer before initial descriptor
publication. This is useful when there are many backend instance descriptors
which need to be downloaded.
- Add configuration option to allow connecting to a Tor control port on a
- Remove external image assets when documentation is generated locally
instead of on ReadTheDocs.
- Streamline the integration tests by using Tor and Chutney from the
- Fix bug when HSFETCH is called with a HSDir argument (3d225fd).
- Remove the ‘schedule’ package from the source code and re-add it as a
dependency. This Python package is now packaged for Debian.
- Extensively restructure the documentation to make it more comprehensible.
- Add –version argument to the command line
- Add configuration options to output log entries to a log file.
- Remove dependency on the schedule package to prepare for packaging
OnionBalance in Debian. The schedule code is now included directly in
- Fix the executable path in the help messages for onionbalance and
- Patch to resolve issue when saving generated torrc files from
onionbalance-config in Python 2.